What sets us apart from the others
Our Go Karts
The difference between Slideways Go Karting Australia and most other hire centres is our karts!
We stick to our promise of delivering 5 star quality kart centres for our customers, which is why we only use the latest European state of the art Sodi racing karts, powered by de-governed 9hp four stroke Hondas, with a 70kg racing chassis making for a potent combination.
- Sodi Kart Chassis, weighing in at 70kg
- With the majority of hire kart centres using 5.5 or 6.5hp engines, we blow them off the track with 270cc 9HP Honda 4 strokes.
- Hydraulic rear disc brakes.
- Racing slicks.
- Full Engine, axle, side and wheel guards for your safety.
- Racing steering wheel, adjustable pedals & seat.
- Fitted with individual timing transponders, for timing to an incredible 1/1000th of a second!
Despite the speed of the karts, your safety is our top priority.
Just some of the safety precautions we have in place are:
- All drivers must read the track safety rules prior to driving.
- Before each session, staff give you a full safety briefing , and are available the entire session for assistance and driving tips.
- A Tillett racing seat is fitted to all karts.
- Wheels are not able to tangle, due to a total wrap around guard.
- The driver is protected by special engine and axle guards.
- The track is entirely lined by V8 Supercar tyres and custom made conveyor belt, which are all bolted and strapped together.
- Grid staff supervise all sessions.
- All drivers are issued with full face helmets.